cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic call forward to another extension on weekends

syedshahid
Level 1
Level 1

Do you know is it possible to do a call forward automatically from on extension to antother extension in call manager on a partucular day of the week? e.g. Call forward to buddy's extension or mobile/gsm on a Saturday. The call forward rule should automatically get activated in call manager on that particular day.

4 Replies 4

wojtek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Yes, it is possible.

You should use to do it translation-patterns, time-based call routing, etc.

Example:

Extension 1100 is in partition Part_A. All users calling 1100 from Monday to Friday should connect to this phone, but on weekned to Mobile 505123456.

1. So you create partition Part_X which is "on" only on weekend. You configure it using "Time Period", "Time Schedule". Part_A is not time-based.

2. Create CSS CSS_All which include partitions in order: Part_X,Part_A. This CSS will be used by all IP Phones and Gateways from PSTN;

3. Create translation-pattern 1100 in Part_X with CSS CSS_All which translate number 1100 to 00505123456 (00 is access code to PSTN). I assume that Route-Pattern 0.0XXXXXXXXX is in partition Part_A;

4. In work days Part_X is not active so translation-pattern 1100/Part_X is not active. On weekend users or pstn gateways calling number 1100 will reach translation-pattern 1100/Part_X instead of extension 1100/Part_A because they use CSS_All, in which partitions are in the following order: Part_X,Part_A. So calls to 1100 will reach translation-pattern and will be translated to 00505123456.

I hope that this help. If yes, rate my post.

Regards

Wojtek

Thanks Wojtek for the step by step procedure. I will try this and give my feedback.

regards,

Shahid

Hi,

Is this possiblke in CM 3.3(3)?

-Amit

Hi

Support for "time-based call routing" begins in CCM 4.1...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_data_sheet0900aecd801979f0.html

Regards

Wojtek