Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Auxilliary ringer

We are in the process of implementing a Cisco VOIP phone system in several of our buildings. Several of the phones are located in lab offices (Machine Trades, Auto Technology, etc) and will be dificult to hear the ringers over the background noise.

Currently the phones have an auxilliary ringer attached to the line that rings a bell or siren when the phone rings. Does anyone have a suggestion to duplicate this feature on the IP phones? The phones will be 7910+.

Thanks!

Steve

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Auxilliary ringer

Use one or more MGCP gateways with FXS ports (such as a VG200 or 2600/3600) and setup shared line appearances between these ports and the IP phones which may be difficult to hear ringing. Then when the directory number is called for that line, both the IP phone and whatever you have attached to the FXS port will ring at the same time.

Re: Auxilliary ringer

Do I have to use an MGCP gateway? I have a VG200 with my PRI interface, but it is configured as an H323 gateway.

I also have a 3640 on the network that has my (5) T1 WAN ports. I do have available slots on the 3640.

Also, two of the locations that I would need the aux ringers are not located near my main data closet where the VG200 & 3640 are located. The phones are connected to a 3524 switch that is connected via fiber to my main closet. One phone is actually in a seperate building (also connected via fiber).

Thanks for the ideas and suggestions. I appreciate the help!

Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content