cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Avaya Definity circuit pack version for PRI to VG200

elong
Level 1
Level 1

We've tried to convert our VG200 interface to an Avaya Definity from T-1 to ISDN PRI. We see layer 1 & 2, but we don't see layer 3. The Definity's D channel is always out-of-service. The closest published config from Cisco was tested with an Avaya circuit pack TN464F and we are using a TN464D. Does anyone know if we need a newer rev than a 464D to make this work?

6 Replies 6

Pabloduarte
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not to sure if about the circuit pack. We are using a TN676E in our Definity and everything is working Fine.

I would be curious to know what ISDN type you are using and how you configured the DS1, Trunk Group and , your D-channel.

I had a hard time with the configs at first . But the T1 is working fine now.

If you want I can send you my configs of the Avaya Definity Switch.

Good Luck.

Pablo

The closest published config from Cisco was tested with an Avaya circuit pack TN464F and we are using a TN464D. We used 5ESS protocol (with the Definity country/protocol set to a matching 1/a). We wanted to use primary-ni but a TN464D does let us try the matching Definity country/protocol (1/b). A TN464D also does not have the second DS1 circuit pack page for ESF Data Channel Options shown in the Cisco published config. Our D channel is set to the 24th channel of the trunk group. We see layer 1 & 2, but we don't see layer 3. We do see The Definity's D channel is always out-of-service.

Thanks for the offer of the config. We will try a TN767E if you can send us your configuration to my email address.

Regards,

elong@ameren.com

gillins
Level 1
Level 1

are you running the vg200 in mgcp or h.323?

We are running h.323 on the VG200

can you send me your gateway configs and some screen shots of the avaya config. like "change ds1 xxxxxx" where xxxxx is the board there should be two. and the trunk group pages, and the signalling group for the trunk , and the isdn public unknow number page. and the version of software for the G3

scott@nordstrom.com

Have you gotten a solution yet?

I can help you on this, 1st make sure you have a T1 x-over cable

2nd on the DS1 pack, make sure its set for network "change ds1 01xxx"

3rd on the router/vg200 you need to go under the serial x/x:23 and do this command "isdn protocol-emulate network" that should bring up the D channel for you...

Chris Evans

Exp@nets

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: