Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Avaya Definity Gx Integration Unity Reply

I am seeing an issue with calls that are tranferred directly into voicemail from an Admin's extension.

1. Phone A calls phone B.

2. Phone B dials into Unity,then dials phone C extension number followed by #2.

3. When the subscriber for phone C listens to or tries to reply/live reply to the message left by phone A, the message identifies phone B as the orginal message sender.

All caller are local to the same Unity server. We are running Unity 4.0.3 and the Avaya is running software higher then v5.

What I see happening is when phone B dials into Unity to tranfer the caller from phone A, the integration monitor and raw monitor show only phone B's extension, phone A's extension is never pass to Unity.

When I take Unity out of the picture, the display on phone C shows phone B's name field when transfer is pressed the first time and phone B dials phone C's extension. When phone B presses the transfer button the second time, the display on phone C's phone changes to display phone A's name field.

Does anyone know of a way in Avaya's PBX to pass the original calling party information to Unity?

Thanks,

-Ryan

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Avaya Definity Gx Integration Unity Reply

The trick is the PBX would need to send A's extension when B first places the call to Unity. This is when the PBXLink checks the display of the bridged line app and builds the SMDI packet for Unity.

Of course, if you're using inband DTMF (Mode Codes) rather then a PBXLink the same problem applies. The PBX will send inband call information only when Unity first answers the call. Obviously, we don't want it sending a DTMF packet with updated call info during the middle of a call.

I have not yet found any tricks on the Definity that will get it to send the on-hold party's ID (phone A) as the calling party when phone B initiates a transfer to Unity.

Regards,

Eric

You are correct. I monitored the PBXLink box Port A which connects to the Avaya switch. I see A's extension being passed to the PBXLink box after B presses the transfer key the second time.

It looks like the PBXLink box discards that information because the call is already established with Unity.

We talked to an Avaya tech and they dialed in to a PBX. They were not able to provide us with a workaround for this unfortunatly. We did get a helpful hint which was to use a 7434ND instead of a 7434D phone set in the PBX's config. This takes away the requirement for adding the extension to the name field for all the users on the PBX.

I did have a SE forward me this bug ID (CSCdw49611), but I don't see Avaya providing a fix for the Unity integration.

If you happen to come across any information, please let me know.

Thanks,

-Ryan

I'm in the same predicament kind of..

I'm looking to see if its possible to make unity not try to "auto login" to the users mailbox...

Basically I want unity to answer with the default call handler, and not try to auto login to say subscriber 1400 if i call from extension 1400..

Anyone know how to do this?

Chris

Gold

The part of Unity guiding that behavior is the Direct Call Routing rules. The default 'Attempt Sign-in' rule is the rule you're following. You can't remove it, but you can add a rule before it that will catch all calls before it gets further down the list and send them to a greeting of your choice.

Cool, workaround worked perfectly..

thanks much..

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content