Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Avaya/Lucent Magix Integration with 3620 NM-HDV-2T1

Hello All,

I am installing a Cisco 3620 with an NM-HDV-2T1 to a DS1 cards on an Avaya Magix. Initial configuration attempted was PRI set to DMS 100. When checking on the 3620 we saw one T-1 up and the other one bouncing with severe framing errors. The Magix did not show any of the D channels up. We switched to switch-type 5E with similar results.

When we switched to E & M Wink we were able to place calls through the 3620, however inbound calls with proper DNIS were would only ring the phone once and then drop with an undefined error.

I have spoken to several people who have indicated that the configuration is tricky and requires specific switch-types and protocols to be configured. Can anyone provide some guidance?

Thank you,

Albert

3 Replies 3

m.hedberg
Level 1
Level 1

we have dome this many times with wink

at a very basic level

controller T1 1/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-wink-start

on the router side

how do you have it configured?

How is the avaya configured? Did you configure the avaya switch?

I oversaw the configuration of the Magix and it looked like it matched.

We were able to make outbound calls with E & M Wink (although with significant post dial delay), however inboud calls routed via DNIS only rang the phones once and then dropped.

Has that ever happened to you?

Thanks for the reply!

this has never happened to me. Perhaps if you post your config We can at least look for any required adjustments or eliminate the router as the source of the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: