cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AvCsMgr.exe

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a Unity 3.0.1 that is on a Call Manager 3.12. The processor is being pegged by the avcsmgr.exe at around 70-88%. The AvGaenSvr.exe was pegging it but I disabled that. What can I look for to see why this is burying my processor. The server is a Dell PowerEdge 2500 with a 500 meg of Ram and a PIII 1 Ghz processor. It is in a unified environment with Exchange 2000 on a separate server. The memory being used is nowhere near my physical memory. TTS is installed and running. <br><br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

There's not much we can tell you about this from here... The AvCsMgr service is the umbrella for nearly all Unity processes from reports to conversations. Anything could be chewing it up and the only known problem along these lines outside of memory leaks in some spots (which doesn't seem to be the case here) is the GAEN service running wild and possibly the reports engine chasing it's tail. If you can look and see if a report is in queue thrashing that can rule that out.

Outside of that, there aren't any general known problems that would cause this. The best I can suggest is to get this to TAC and they'll have to start turning on some traces and/or enabling monitoring services to see which threads under that process is chewing things up.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: