Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AvCsMgr running as domain account

In the "Configuration Setup" program, I specified that the "Cisco Unity Service Account" should be a domain account. However, AvCsMgr still runs as "LocalSystem". I tried manually changing the logon for this service to be a domain account (first the Unity account I created and then the Administrator account, which is an Enterprise Admin) but AvCsMgr would not start. As soon as I put it back to "LocalSystem", it fires right up.

I thought that this service should be able to run as a domain account like the other services. Is this correct? If so, why doesn't it try to log on to the domain after running the Configuration Setup tool?

1 REPLY

Re: AvCsMgr running as domain account

Two things:

- the account you specified when you ran the config setup is actually running your AvDSAD and AvDSGlobalCatalog services. Just like you did, you need to manually set your other Av* services to run under a domain account.

- When AvCsMgr doesn't start after running config setup, then you need to go through the troubleshooting steps on this link:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/mailstore-no-start.html

Views
Helpful
Replies