Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AvcsMGR Terminating

Recently upgraded to 2.4.6.135, TSP 3.0.3. Users were getting failsafe so I tried a few things (verifying CODECS, etc.) with no change. On reinstalling Unity, AvCSMgr is giving event log erros of: <br>The AvCsMgr service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action. <br>Also there is a DCOM error of:<br>The server {26CA7AFF-0E00-11D1-A6E1-000000000000} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.<br>There are not other information or error messages that relate to Unity.<br><br>Any ideas?<br><br>--Cael

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: AvcsMGR Terminating

Also seeing:
The AvMalSvr service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action.

--Cael

Anonymous
N/A

Also for grins, I attempted to look around the DOH in read only mode of course, to see if something there looked out of whack, and I get this:
Error Logging on to DOH session: 80004005
File: h:\commsvr\Sources\DohPropTest\Dlg.cpp
Line 703
and then a "blank" DOH opens up.

--Cael

Anonymous
N/A

If the DOH is not able to gain access to the directory it'll show blank like this... this is consistent with the error messages your're seeing in the event log where we can't log into the directory or gain access to the message store (that's what the "MAL" messages are about... "Message Access Layer"). It's hard to speculate about what's going on based on just the catastrophic inability to do basically anything. My first guess would be the account you installed Unity with doesn't have rights in Exchange as it should. You can try logging in as the installation account (if you're not already) and running SysCheckPreinstall (you'll find this on CD #1) to see if it barks about any of the rights for that account.

That's just a guess, however...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

I have done an Unistall/Reinstall and everything came back to square one. Thanks.

--Cael

Views
Helpful
Replies