cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AVCsMgr

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have unity 3.02 installed on it's own server which uses Exchange 2000 on another server. It was working fine for one week and now that i've tried starting it up again i get an AvCsMgr terminated unexpectedly in Event Viwer. I do i get it to work again?<br><br>

10 Replies 10

Not applicable

Are you starting the service with the Unity tray icon or the services management panel? Also, have you tried rebooting the PC? Any other errors in the application log that occur around the same time as the shutdown?

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Not applicable

I've rebooted about 4 times. Other errors are:
Last cateorizer to access Exchange Private Store has failed
MAPI Subsystem generates following error: ???

Doh logon failure due to message compnent login error 8004052eH

Unable to logon to Doh

AvCsMgr component arbiter initiale failed

AvCsMgr failed to initialize component manager

Not applicable

The permissions for the service account might have changed, or the domain security policy could have been changed since the last sucessful login. Check the account used to launch the services to make sure it has the right to log on as a service and act as part of the OS. You may need to check domain controller policy in addition to domain policy. You might also try adding the account to the domain admins group to see if that makes a difference.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

I am also installing Unity Server and I get this error. It is Exchange 2000 with Echange Enterprise on another server. Has anyone run across this before. I have checked all of the rights of user accounts with no fix found.

Thanks
Ryan Santry

Not applicable

Make sure you installed the Exchange 2000 management tools on Unity.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

It is installed on the Unity Server. When I run the Configuration Setup it errors out. And will not start the service.

I've also had AvCsMger unexpected errors using Unity 3.0(1) and 3.0(2) with Exchange 5.5 on the Unity server and without Exchange installed on the Unity server. When I had these problems on 3.0(1) and advised TAC they recommended upgrading to 3.0(2). As I say, still had this occur on 3.0(2).
You can setup the service in W2k to attempt to restart itself if it terminates, but you'll probably have to reboot. I think this is concerning because Unity becomes unavailable.

Just out of interest, if you run the AvTSP test, does it pass everytime? Try it several times to see if your Voice Ports are playing up in a CCM integration.

When the AvCsMgr service fails to start, it should not matter whether it is Unity 3.0(1) or 3.0(2). This issue is not dependant on Unity version.

Again, on the system that had Unity 3.0(x) and problems with this service starting, was E2k involved and was Outlook installed on the Unity server?

Jeff Schlesser
Unified Voice Technical Lead
San Jose TAC

Not applicable

We're also seeing a very similar problem on a unity 3.03 install with an existing Win2k/Exchange2k server. It was running, then avcsm stopped, and will not restart. We reinstalled twice now following all the caveats etc. Before the avcsm stopped we were able to leave voicemail, it would make to the mta, but would never make it to exchange. Now after some tweaking per cisco's documentation, we can't even get the unity server to start.

We're getting a mapi error, a doh error also in event logs.

If we run systest from the comm dir, everything passes, but the doh test.

How do you trouble shoot that?

Did you happen to install Outlook 2000 on the Unity server? If so, you might have a MAPI conflict.

Jeff Schlesser
Unified Voice Technical Lead
San Jose TAC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: