cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AVDSGlobal Catalog fails to start

nepifano
Level 1
Level 1

I'm relatively new with this product, any information is appreciated.

Unity 3.1.2

Exchange 2k

(all on one server)

I am having trouble importing subscribers from the active directory to unity. In unity, the field for optional user are blank. Could this be the AVDSGlobalCatalog service that fails to start. I try to start the service, and get a failed message. Anyone here of this before.

Also, the current subscribers can't login, they imput the intitial password of 12345 and get a "sorry, don't recognize that as a valid entry".

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It sounds like the account password that is specified in the serivces control panel for the AvDSGlobalCatalog service is incorrect.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the AvDsGlobalCatalog service doesn't start, there will certainly be problems trying to import subscribers. I don't think that's the reason for the "sorry, don't recognize that as a valid entry" password problem.

Check the application and system event logs to see if there are any events when the AvDsGlobalCatalog tries to start but cannot.

Yes, the error is listed in the system event log and AvDsGlobalCatalog service refuses to start manually.

I receive the error "Could not start the AvDSGlobalCatalog service on local computer. Error 1069: The service did not start due to a login failure"

thanks for the reply

It sounds like the account password that is specified in the serivces control panel for the AvDSGlobalCatalog service is incorrect.