Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AvImport and Alias Generation

Recently, I used AvImport to create a bunch of Subscribers. I know this is important to choose the good Subscriber Template because the Exchange alias generation is determined by settings on the subscriber template used during the import; the settings in Exchange for alias name generation are not used.

I chose in my Subscriber Template the format for the alias (JSmith) and the result was (jsmith). All my subscribers were created in small caracters. But when I created a subscriber without AvImport, the result is like the format

I chose in my Subscriber Template. Why ???

Thanks for your help,

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

looks like they convert everything to lower case when making string compares against existing alias strings to make sure they're unique and then they end up using the lower case strings to create the alias when they're satisfied it's unique. It appears to have been that way all along, no one's mentioned it before.

Thank you for your answer but do I have to consider this as a normal situation ?

Technically it's a bug - but frankly it's a pretty low priority issue and I kind of doubt it'll get attention in the short term.