Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AVimport does not see some exchange users

This is what I found that I like to share here. I tried to import some some users with AVIPORT utility. Some of the users were not seen by the AVIMPORT.<br>fix:go to exchange in raw mode. e.g admin /r<br>under file/raw properties/ under:object attributes/allow rich text/under:edit value make sure it says 1. I do not know why AVIMPORT cares for this boolean value to be true or 1 but this is what it is. It needs to be done for all the recipents. <br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Systems Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: AVimport does not see some exchange users

If you search around the forum you'll see that I've noted that issue 4 or 5 times in the recent past...

we care that the value is there since in Exchange speak the "allow rich text" means "MAPI enabled user". They overloaded the value to mean multiple things (never a good idea) but if it's not set we can't access your mailbox via MAPI. Hence we filter for it and wont allow those users to be created as subscribers.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies