cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AvNotifier event erro

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Unity 2.46.102, W2k-sp1, x5.5-sp4<br>I am getting this error in the the event logs:<br>Event Type: Warning<br>Event Source: AvNotifier_MC<br>Event Category: Run <br>Event ID: 1015<br>Date: 7/26/2001<br>Time: 4:11:15 PM<br>User: N/A<br>Computer: EXCHANGE<br>Description:<br>Received message event for user that is not monitored. <br><br>Any ideas what this is a symptom of?<br><br>I ran the dbwalker and found the following error:<br>"Error greeting 'after greeting' destination Alias =openinggreetingch". Might this be related? or separate issue for another post?<br><br><br>schois

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

First, the notifier error and the dbWalker error are not related... I'm not real sure you have the correct text of the error there... are you sure it mentions the opening greeting and doesn't just say the error greeting has an invalid destination (Unity had a configuration error like this in setup for some time... dbWalker picks up on it).

I'm posting an updated version of dbWalker this weekend that will just fix this on the fly without barking about it since this comes up so often... it's an odd little error anyway, no one will actually be affected by it one way or the other.

The Notifier error appears to be someone in our internal table no longer being a subscriber (i.e. someone whacked the guy out of Exchange without removing them as a subscriber). I think we'll make a notiation about this since we'll get an inbox state change event and then when we go to check that subscribe's notification devices setup, ZOINKS! he's not a subscriber. It SHOULD be smart enough to only do that once, but the developer that's responsible for that component isn't in today for me to quiz about it so I'm just guessing.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

On the notifier, is there something I can do to clean the table up?
On the dbwalker: Yes, that is the msg. I cut/paste it. It appears quite frequently.

schois

Not applicable

If the table isn't cleaning itself up, the only thing that will force a rebuild of the mailbox ids is a restart of Unity. This isn't a critical problem, so you can wait for an off peak time to do this.

If you're getting an error saying that the opening greeting call handler is not available, your system is in a very, very bad state. The opening greeting call handler is marked undeletable and is referenced all over the place... if it's been somehow ripped out of your system, you've got much, much bigger problems at hand than the event log errors for the notifier.

Send me the dbWalker log to look over...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Just had a customer with this problem. Bouncing the machine cleared up the problem. This was an on-box exchange so it could be that bouncing exchange was the trick. It appears this was related to moving Exchange mailboxes without useing bulklogout.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: