Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AvPerfMonitorMsgs event 1007

We are getting these errors every 2 to 10 seconds, anyone have a gut instinct at what this might be?<br><br>(thread (0x3CA) Loop Failure (0x80040200) in averager with hash string (S00000001)<br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: AvPerfMonitorMsgs event 1007

That's a known problem with the Perfmormance Monitor component... the "averager" is supposed to check into a bunch of things such as CPU usage, available memory etc... can come up with a value that indicates how "busy" the system is at any given moment. The idea is if this value is too high we "throttle" certain items such as reports generation or don't let a TTS session fire up etc...

It's got some problems in some versions, however this doesn't cause Unity any issues, although the errors in the log are annoying I know. You can, in fact, remove the PerfMon component from starting up as part of Unity entirely and these messages will go away and Unity wont even know it's missing.

To remove it, fire up MaestroTools.EXE in the \Commserver directory. Go to the "AvCsMgr registry editor" tab and in the right list box, select the "PerfMonitor" component and move it to the left list box. Hit the "write registry" button and the next time you restart Unity, this component will remain disabled.

Whatever you do, don't mess with the rest of the components in the list box... you'll create all kinds of headaches for yourslef if you do that.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Anonymous
N/A

Re: AvPerfMonitorMsgs event 1007

I've tried this fix and I'm still receiving these messages every couple of seconds or so.

Any other ideas?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content