Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AVVID using a Cat550X

I know that the Catalyst 5000 series can support VoIP in a fashion, but Im struggling to find any information on CCO that details what modules are needed and the minimum software release levels and also what it does and doesn't support.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

Gary

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: AVVID using a Cat550X

You need to be more specific about what exactly you want to be able to do. Are you referring to QoS capabilities? L2 or L3? No inline power support in the switch. What you can do with CatOS 5.5 and later is do auxiliary VLANs. Any 7960/7940/7910+SW phones that you have plugged in, you will be able to configure the IP phone to send traffic on one VLAN, and the attached host behind the IP phone to send traffic on another VLAN. Of course to do this you need to have a 5k series blade that supports dot1q trunking.

Re: AVVID using a Cat550X

Sorry I should have updated the thread, Ive got what I wanted now, I wanted to know about the QoS. Ive got a document explaining about the linecards that support WRED etc.

Cheers

Gary

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content