Views
Helpful
Replies

Background hissing noise on CP-7920

geand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have CP-7920 Wireless IP-Phones connected to an Access-Point 1200. The Problem is during a call the called party hears a continous background hissing noise. I found nothing how to turn this off. The wireless connection in principle is regarding to signal quality ok. The 7920 is running the latest Firmware 7920-sccp.1-0-6 and the AP 1200 is running the latest IOS 122-13.JA1. I´ve as well configured QoS on the WLAN.

What could be the solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Gerald

7 Replies 7

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

Try tuning the output attenuation.

I´ve tried tuning the output attenuation of the Wireless Phone but it does not really help.

But anyway, thanks

gdelion
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting the same problem with my customer but with AP 1100.

Did you get more news since your post ?

unfortunately I got not more news since my post.

I found out that it is not related to the AP because I´ve also experienced the same problems with a NetGear AP.

The problem is related to an issue in the Firmware of the 7920 in conjunction with G711 a-law.

CSCed01562:

Static noise can be heard on the Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920 when the phone is using a-law companding.

Workaround: Use u-law companding, if possible. If that is not possible, there is no workaround

After changing the codec to G711 µ-law the problems has been solved.

I have done a simple test to verify if this issue was due to this bug. But simply when you call an other IP Phone (7960) from the 7920 IP Phone, there is a background noise heared on the 2 IP Phones (7960 & 7920) during the conversation.

The codecs tested were G729 and G711 ulaw.

It seem that you have a different issue.

My problem was a static background noise not on the 7920 but on the other end. Whereas there was no difference whether it was a call within the IPT environment or to the PSTN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: