Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background sounds

When I am making an outbound call or recieving inbound call, I hear background noise in my phone. I setup compfort nosie on the router. But we are having background and static noise. Please advise me.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Background sounds

Could you be more specific about the path of the call? Sometimes this can be caused by physical problems with analog lines, like FXO/FXS (or E&M) lines that are getting interference. Switching a cable might help. Otherwise, some more details about the physical setup would be helpful (including wiring distances and such).

Re: Background sounds

I had a similar problem with our system right after we upgraded to 12.2 on our 4224. The Cisco TAC engineer said:

Can you configure on dial-peer voice 100 or 200 "incoming called-number ." on any of them. I want to make sure that the incoming call match the no vad statement on them. If the incoming called doesn't have a match, it will default to dial peer 0 with is vad enable. Please take a look at this URL sor more information:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/in_dial_peer_match.html#firstsubthree

On dial-peer voice 100 voip. we put " incoming called-number . " That allowed the incoming call to match a dial-peer, and pick up the no vad.

The problem went away immediately.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content