Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Backhaul link not established

I'm running CM 3.1.2a and a 6608 blade. one port on 6608 has pri to pstn. from what i can tell, everything is fine on the pri to pstn. when i dial 9 to make a local call, i receive a different pitched dial tone. when i dial the 7th digit of the phone number i receive a fast busy. checking the ip address on the 6608 port shows "Backhaul link NOT established" under device status. i've been unable to find anything about this message. any ideas? (Please help the newbie!!!!)

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Backhaul link not established

Does it look like the D channel is up on that port?

On the CallManager that the gateway is supposed to register to, go to Start -> Run and type perfmon

Then add a counter. The object is Cisco CallManager and the counter is RegisteredMGCPGateway. This number should equal the number of gateways that are currently registered to this CallManager. If the number is what you think it is supposed to be, add another counter. The object is Cisco MGCP PRI Device. Select "All counters" and for the instance, select the SDA device in question. Click Add.

In particular we would want to look at DataLinkInService and the status of the channels. I would recommend you take a look at this. If you want to know what the different numbers mean for channelstatus and datalinkinservice then you can click the Explain button in the Add window.

It appears that the data link is down. Where should I look to find out why???

Cisco Employee

Well, the first place is to look at the actual light next to the T1 port on the blade. If the light is red then you have a physical layer problem on the circuit that you have to fix before the D channel will ever come up.

If the light is green then most likely it is either a PRI protocol problem between the CM and the ISDN switch, a network/user mismatch, or some provisioning or other problem on the ISDN switch.

You were right. Telco told us that they were set for DMS-100 when they were actually DMS-Custom. Both changed to NI2. Also had to change the channel selection order to top down. Thanks for the help!

Views
Helpful
Replies