Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Backup and restore for CallManager

I currently have about 500+ users on CCM 4.1 and want to migrate the database to new hardware Publisher MCS7845.

My plan is the do the following:

1.Backup MCS.sti to the network

2.Install OS/CCM ver 4.1 on new server from scratch.

3.Restore the data to new server.

I also need to change the Hostname of the new server, if I do that what problems I'm going to run into.

Is the above plan looks right ?

Is there any other prefered suggested way that to move data from old to new server ?

TIA,

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Backup and restore for CallManager

Backup in newer versions of callmanager, dont use the .sti file format. It simply archives all files and database info into a tar file. (Using BARS tool)

If you are trying to restore the info into a new server that is installed with CM 4.1, you should configure the new server with same name and ip. So the conclusion is that you cannot change the name on the new server and restore the old server's database which has the old servers name.

But, you can change the ip after the backup tar file has been restored.

If you are so keen on changing the name, you should do a manual transfer of config info from old server to new server (with name changed). You can BAT out existing phone config into CSV format and restore them in the new server.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate replies!

Re: Backup and restore for CallManager

If you are can have both the old server and new server available and on the network at the same time then build out the new server to the name that you want with a different IP address and do an inter-cluster trunk between the 2 Call Managers. If you have your call routing done properly you can move phones in small groups from the old server to the new one with minimal downtime.

This will also give you an on-line, immediate fallback if there are problems with the new server

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate all replies

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.