cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup Exec Remote Agent on Callmanager??

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

Does Cisco Support installing Veritas Backup Exec's Remote Agent on the Callmanagers? I would like to back them up at night, or at least backup the STI file and the system state...

2 Replies 2

gordon.hawkins
Level 2
Level 2

No.. the BENT agent isn't supported to load on the call manager. You should backup the STI file to a network location and then back that up with BENT. The STI file is all you need if you have a critical disaster with the Call Manager.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_installation_guide09186a00800b4ac8.html#37575

I am sure there are reasons why Cisco does not or can't really approve of 3rd party back-up solutions but I certainly hope they are striving to overcome these limitations. In today's political climate D/R is of the utmost importance and it would be a lot easier if all my Cisco software boxes could be backed-up and restored using the same media and utilities as all my other boxes can be.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: