Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Backup TFTP again

I am trying to make a backup TFTP scenario work. I have a CM3.1(4) cluster, and want to ensure device config files can be loaded if the main TFTP server is unavailable. (A customer requires this)

I have Option 150 configured as an array on MSFT DHCP, with two IP addresses for two CM running TFTP. I have reloaded a phone to pick up the new DCHP details. When I look in the phone network config I only see one TFTP server address, and if I disconnect the first TFTP server, reset a phone and trace the packets coming out of the phone, it never tries to contact the 2nd TFTP server. I can see in a trace of the DHCP dialogue that two TFTP server addresses are being sent to the phone in the DHCP lease.

An earlier entry in this forum and a URL on CCO say this is a valid config.

Am I missing something? Is there something else you need to do to get a phone to load from more than one TFTP server?

The load images in the phone are P00303010405 PC03P030

Thanks for any pointers or help

Tim

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: Backup TFTP again

Go to the TFTP Service config in ccm admin. Enter in the path to the shared TFTPPath folder on your alternate TFTP server.

Thanks for the reply, I looked at this page before posting the note, what format do you enter the TFTPPath details in? What does the string look like?

Thanks

Tim

Hi Tim,

I was not aware 3.1.4 supported a dual TFTP configuration using arays. I thought 3.2 was the earliest release for this. I have a 3.1.4b installation using two TFTP servers split between two device pools - no option 150 aray support.

Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.