Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Backup Utility Problem

Hi

I want to ask about the callmanager backup utility error message. The backup utility shows the error message as follows.

[14:33:07] DC schema information backup successfully

[14:33:42] failed to copy c:\program files\Cisco\Bin\Saenvproperities.Ini.File not found in source folder.

[14:33:43] No ART targets found

The message in the middle is the error message. does it affect the backup action ????

4 REPLIES

Re: Backup Utility Problem

I have found some document in the cisco www about the backup utility. Backup utility may backup this type of data.

Cisco CallManager database on SQL Server 7

DC Directory LDAP directory

SAenvProperties.ini, if present

Computer name

Server workgroup

Server IP address and subnet mask

Now, the error log is found is SAenvproperities.ini.Which type of data is stored in the file ?

On the other hand, I have try to restore the data to another server. The restore process is successful. But I don't be sure which type of data is loss. Is it working ???

On the other hand, I want to ask about backup utility installation. If i install the two callmanager. One is Publisher and other is Subscriber. The Publisher has installed the tape drive. I am sure that the Publisher should select the "backup server" during the installation. Does the Subscriber also select the "backup server"?

on the other hand, if the subscriber is also installed the tape drive, Should I choose the "backup server"?

The error message you were seeing about No ART Targets may or may not be a problem. If you are running the Cisco Administration Reporting Tool (ART) on the CallManager server then this is a problem. If you are not running ART then the error is normal.

You can find more information on ART here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/admin/admin_rp/1_1_1/index.htm

As far as Backup Server vs. Target. Which ever CCM Server has the tape drive, I would make that the Backup Server, then you can make any other CCM Servers Backup Targets. Generally it is not neccessary to backup the CCM Subscribers since the main SQL db is on the Publisher. Typically rebuilding the Subscriber from scratch vs. a restore has worked more smoothly for me. Your mileage may vary.

More information on the Cisco IP Telephony Backup Utility can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_3/install/backup/index.htm

tm

Tim Medley, CCDP, CCNP

IP Telephony Consultant

My CM have installed the ART and the version is 1.1(1). I didn't install any service patch. Does I install the service patch can solve the problem ???

Because the ART record also is more important.

THX

Views
Helpful
Replies