Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Backup Utility

Hi there,

I got a pair of MCS 7835TD hardware, which was installed with CM 3.3.3, forming a cluster. The OS and BIOS has been upgraded to the latest version 2000.2.5. When I installed these two CMs, there was only one hard drive present in Bank 0, so RAID 0 was automatically configured in each CM. Now, the customer would like to plug another hard drive into Bank 1 and configure it as RAID 1. May I ask following question:

1. Can I change the existing RAID 0 to RAID 1 without reinstalling CCM again?

2. Backup Utiliy ver 3.5.44 has been installed in CMs. If re-installation is necessary, can I use this Backup Utility to backup publisher original data and then restore it after re-installing the publisher? Does this utility also backup the subscriber relationship, which is stored is SQL 2000 database?

thanks a lot

David

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Backup Utility

David,

Not sure if your able to change the RAID from 0 to 1 on the fly or not. If you have to destroy the volume to change it, I would use a product called Symantec Ghost to make and image of each CallManger, then install the second hard drive, create the new volume using RAID 1, finially Ghost back both of the images. This is the easiest way to go about it because neither the OS nor CallManger have any idea anything has changed.

The whole prosses for both boxes should take under 2 or 3 hours.

Paul

Re: Backup Utility

Hello:

Question 1:

Yes you can change the RAID level from 0 to 1. You can do this only via the compaq array manager software. You can download it and "edit" the array. The tool is easy to use and will allow you add a mirrior and a hot spare if needed. Note: I do not think that Cisco supports the Hot Spare. Just keep in mind that the box is really a compaq files server. I have done this same thing on the same hardware.

Question 2:

Yes the backup util will let you capture the sti file. With the sti safe on a laptop, cd, or network connection to a second server you can rebuild the box. Just keep in mind that you will need to build the cluster up. Example. Install the OS, copy the sti back to the server. Install CCM with the recover flag checked. That will take you into the part to recover your data. Now that you have CCM up load the sub. Then load OS patchs to all cluster members before you load the CCM patchs to SR3 or SR4.

Have fun!

Carl

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.