Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth between CCM servers in Cluster

Does anyone know the recommendations (or can point me to a doc) on how much bandwidth is required between CCM servers for replication etc.? And also what delay is acceptable.

I understand that this would be dependant on usage and the number of phones, but I am just after a rough guideline.

We have approx 200 phones over 6 sites, but at the moment our 2 call managers are in the same location. For resilience purposes, I would like to move one of them to another site.

Thanks,

Peter

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Bandwidth between CCM servers in Cluster

hi,

I can't find the document but from what i remember the recommendation is they need a minimum of 4MB Connection.Personally i wouldn't do it unless you had at least 10MB

mark

Bronze

Re: Bandwidth between CCM servers in Cluster

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a0080447510.html#wp1045983

The minimum recommended bandwidth between sites that are clustered over the WAN is 1.544 Mbps. This amount allows for the minimum of 900 kbps for ICCS and 644 kbps for SQL, LDAP, and other inter-server traffic.

•A maximum round-trip time (RTT) of 40 ms is allowed between any two servers in the Cisco CallManager cluster. This time equates to a 20 ms maximum one-way delay, or a transmission distance of approximately 1860 miles (3000 km) under ideal conditions.

when I first saw this a while back, I said no way!!!

If you have ICM/IPCC/Unity in the mix here, the numbers get even a little more outageous especially Unity

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content