Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth problem with 7971 IP Phones

Hello,

We're using Cisco IP Phones 7971G-GE connected to a Cisco switch 3560G PoE-24 on a Cat6 network. The version of the Call Manager is 5.1.1. The switch, phones, servers and clients are setup to use a port configuration of 1000Full (we tried in auto neg also with the same result). The clients workstations are connected to the Pc port of the phone (also setup to 1000Full). When we try to upload a file to the server we have a normal bandwidth (around 30Mo/s) but when we try to download a file from the server (or from other clients) the bandwidth drop to 300ko/s... if we connect the client workstation directly to the network plug (bypassing the phone) we have a regular download (around 22Mo/s). So it seems that the phone for some reason degrade (damage) the incoming bandwidth... any idea?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which exact FW image do yo have on the 7971 ?

FW image on all the phones is:

Load File: SCCP70.8-2-1S

App Load ID: Jar70sccp.8-2-0-55.sbn

JVM Load ID: cvm70sccp.8-2-0-55.sbn

OS Load ID: cnu70.8-2-0-55.sbn

Boot Load ID: 7971_020706_cert.bin

Thanks,

Can you upgrade to 8.2(2)SR4 and try again ?

I assume you have already ruled out duplex issues on both switch-phone and phone-pc link.

Yes, we already ruled out the duplex issues on both links (all the ports are setup to 1000Full).

We will try to upgrade the firmware and I'll let you know. Just to check, I've seen there's a newer firmware for the 7971 (cmterm-7970_7971-sccp.8-3-3.zip) should I install this one or do you think the 8-2-2SR4 is better (cmterm-7970_7971-sccp.8-2-2SR4.zip)?

Thanks for your help, i really appreciate. :)

Hi, no problem, I recommend latest 8.2 because it's more stable, 8.3 really is for when you need the new features (peer to peer SW upgrade and few others), but I also hear that it still has many bugs.

Good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: