Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barge not working

I have shared lines (with multiple line appearance) in 4.1(3) and can not get barge to work. When there is a call on the shared line and the supervisor wishes to barge in, supervisor is not presented with the barge key on the 'remote-in-use' line when the shared line is selected. I have the barge enabled flag set to true and phone templates configured. anyone any ideas??

8 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Barge not working

Hi Brian,

It almost sounds like a problem with the Privacy feature (just a shot in the dark). This would be the expected behaviour if the Privacy feature is set either system wide (system parameters) or on the individual devices. Have a look at this doc;

Cisco CallManager Features and Services Guide, Release 4.1(3)

Barge and Privacy

From this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3a86.html#wp1027357

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts......

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Rob is correct, make sure that the phone on the call has privacy turned OFF, once you do that you will see the "remote in use" softkeys on the phone you wish to barge from.

Chris

Hi Rob,

thanks for the reply. However, I have not got to the point of enabling privacy yet and just want to get barge working. I am not even being presented with the softkeys for what I would expect with the 'remote-in-use' call state - namely no barge softkey.

Brian

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Privacy service Parameter is enabled by default, you can disable it globally or on the phone.

Chris

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Brian,

Have you tried this;

Complete these steps in order to disable Privacy across the Cisco CallManager cluster:

From the Cisco CallManager Administration page, choose Service > Service Parameters.

Choose Publisher CallManager Server > Cisco CallManager.

Under the Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone) section, scroll down to Privacy Setting, set this parameter to False, and click Update. As this is a clusterwide parameter, any change that you make affects all the phones.

Reset the phones in order for the changes to take effect.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts......

Silver

I had the same problems until I read this thread. Thanks for the help. To help clarify:

BUILT IN BRIDGE must be ON and PRIVACY must be OFF in order for the REMOTE IN USE status line to be displayed and the BARGE softkey to be presented.

If you only did the BUILT IN BRIDGE to ON, you will not get the BARGE softkey.

A few things to look at/try. In 413, privacy is enabled globally by default. You can either turn privacy off by modifying the call manager service parameter for privacy (global) or override individually on a phone-by-phone basis. Phones use global config by default unless specified otherwise. Disable privacy on the supervisor phone and re-test. Another thing to keep in mind - default max calls in 413 is 4 / 2 (busy). Many companies configure max calls of 2 / 1 (busy). In 413, barge is actually seen as an additional call on the shared line (i.e., if 4 max calls, a barged call would use 2 of the 4 calls on the line). If your phones are configured as < 3 max calls, you could experience loss of functionality on barged calls (in terms of transfer/conference capabilities).

Thanks for all your posts - all fixed now.

regards

Brian

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content