cancel
Community Member

BARS Install Error 1722

Hi,

Sys Version 4.2.(3)SR4b

Admin Version 4.2(2)

Install ID Version 4.2(3)SR4b

OS Version 2000.4.6.SR9

I am trying to install BARS 4.0(15) on a CM 4.2.3 platform and right at the end it keeps throwing up a windows installer error 1722 "Problem with installer Package". I have tried 4.0(12) that was on CD and a local copy and this latest one from cisco.com downloaded today but can't see anything in the log to indicate why its failing.

Once upon-a-time this machine did have BARS installed but for some reason it was removed......I need it back to restore a TAR and use this hardware to run the DMA Tool for a 7.1.5 > 8.6.2 migration

I'm attaching today's log files, hoping that perhaps there is something....

Thanks Nick

5 REPLIES

BARS Install Error 1722

Hi ,

You can give a try with the below workaround, and see if it helps.

Complete these steps in order to resolve the issue:

1. In the Start menu, choose to Programs > Administrative Tools > Component Services.

2. In the left-hand pane, expand Component Services > Computers > My Computer > COM+ Applications.

3. Delete the BARS folder.

4. Stop and restart the COM + Component Service.

After you complete these steps, re-install the BARS.

Reference: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00807ee59d.shtml

Thanks,

Anand

Community Member

BARS Install Error 1722

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your reply. I had a look in COM+ but there is no BARS folder as when the installation fails it rolls back and removes everything.

So with that in mind, this morning I tried something different and when the Error Pop up box came on screen I dediced not to press OK (which starts the roll back/uninstall) and BARS is now running!!

I can access it via the Web URL, the BARS user is there, COM+ folder is there so it looks like it has fully installed but thrown up this 'bogus' error.....I will know for sure when I try and restore a BARS tar file and will revert back with the results.

Thanks,

Nick

BARS Install Error 1722

Hi Nick,

Glad to know its working for you. Yes, please try to restore and crossverify the same.

Thanks,

Anand

Community Member

BARS Install Error 1722

Hi Anand,

I restarted the server and it's like BARS has a proper install, so I have just now managed to restore our live data and it appears to be working correctly!

To me looks like bad coding in the BARS installer to be honest throwing up a false error which if you acknowledge results in rollback/uninstallation when it would appear this isn't needed.

So whilst an unsual workaround, problem is now solved.

Nick

BARS Install Error 1722

Hi Nick,

Happy that Restore is working successfully :-).

Incase if my posting had helped you, please rate it accordingly.

Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Anand

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content