Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

BARS Restore--Callmanager for Lab

I have been tasked with building a staging lab to mimic our production environment for testing. My original thought was to take a BARS backup from our production publisher and restore it to the lab box, however, the plan is to give the lab its own subnet and name the boxes something different from production (ex: LAB-CCMPUB). In looking through the BARS documentation, it seems that the hostname and IP address must be the same for the restore to work. So, I think I have two options--give the lab box the same IP Address and hostname as production (and obviously completely segregate the lab), or give the lab box a different name and IP address and start from scratch. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to mimic production?

Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES

Re: BARS Restore--Callmanager for Lab

You can put the server in an isolated network and give the same ip and same name and then do a BARS restore. No problems with that. You can also change the ip address after you do the BARS restore. But you cannot change the name after you have restored callmanager. So the name will remain the same. So I would suggest you build the lab server with new name and ip and then export most of the db contents using BAT and import it into new server.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Re: BARS Restore--Callmanager for Lab

You can put the server in an isolated network and give the same ip and same name and then do a BARS restore. No problems with that. You can also change the ip address after you do the BARS restore. But you cannot change the name after you have restored callmanager. So the name will remain the same. So I would suggest you build the lab server with new name and ip and then export most of the db contents using BAT and import it into new server.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content