Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

BARS - what is not backed up

Hi,

I have a few questions:

1. I have been told in the past that when using BARS to restore a CallManager Server it will not restore non-default settings.

I have been reading the following CCO document "http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00801ebead.html" section "What Data Does the BARS Utility Back Up?". This talks about what is backed up by BARS.

In terms of end-user terminology what will not be backed up, and which things will users/administrators miss after a restore.

2. Will hunt groups and call park numbers get restored

3. A Secondary question is how long will a restore take. Assuming that a few changes have been made to phones and devices and all that is needed it to rollback any changes.

Thanks in Advance

Rafiq.

2 REPLIES

Re: BARS - what is not backed up

AFAIK,

BARS should restore the last known configuration settings from the Publisher database. So your question 2 should be Yes, it will restore those settings.

DB restore process depends on how big the database is. I keep an empty database for my lab servers, so in case it breaks, i can restore it back to a clean database. I have seen that this takes around 15 mins average.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate replies@!

Re: BARS - what is not backed up

Sankar,

So what would not be saved, I am planning a restore exercise and want to be aware of any issues I may have.

Cheers,

Rafiq.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content