cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT Help

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

I'm trying to do a batch import of some phones in our lab system and my file fails the validation with the error: "Valid characters for Forward Busy Internal are numbers and '*#'"

I've tried to find the error with my CSV file, but I can't find it. Help!

CSV file is attached. Forward Busy Internal and External should just ring to the DN because there's 2 line appearances of the DN on the phone in 2 different partitions. Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Mike,

Three things and probably the 1st is the issue.

First your 2nd lines columns are out of sync. You have a blank column after the DN, then what I think should be the Display a line over. The rest of the columns past that are pushed over and you have no DN in the CFBI field but instead the Alerting Name. Remove that blank column and add the correct numbers in your CFBI column.

Second make sure that the BAT installed is the one that shipped with your version of CallManager. I have experienced weird issues when customers upgrade CM but don't reinstall BAT from the plugins. Then when they do the BAT process they get errors.

Third, try renaming your CSV to a TXT file. Open it. Remove the ,,,,,,,, from the top line after Forward Busy Internal. Then try importing it. The BAT.XLT is the best way to make these TXT exports because it will make sure the formating is exact. Not sure if it will fix your issue but it is different than my standard BAT export files so I thought I would suggest it.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

I just reinstalled BAT (had 5.1(4) and it upgraded to 5.1(4a)) and that didn't work.

I used BAT.XLT to create the CSV file. So the ,,,,, were put in by BAT.XLT. Aren't they required so they match up with the phone data that is being imported? Which in this case all the ,,,,, will match up with the information for the 2nd line on the phone.

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

try to remove the column headers. the import does not require these and i think it may be attempting to load the first row, (all column headings), as a phone and erroring out when it gets to the FBInternal fields.

what version of BAT are you using?

do you use the Cisco suppliled BAT spreadsheets to make your BAT files? i recommend this if you can.

try to use the BAT spreadsheet to create your CSV. the CSV you've supplied does not look exactly like the CSV that BAT spreadsheets create.

I deleted the 1st row of the CSV file and BAT didn't like that at all. I get the error "The file does not include File Format.".

I used the BAT.XLT file. 5.1(4a) is the version I'm running.

Mike,

Did you correct the 1st thing I suggested? I could've looked at it wrong but when I looked at your CSV the columns were out of sync. I think this is your main issue.

As far as the extra commas, I just ran another BAT.XLT export and I don't receive the extra commas and my file is a text file by default.

Thanks

Fred

I started over from scratch myself and it's working now! Thanks!