Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

BCM and CISCO Routers

Hey,

got a request yesterday from a customer. they have a BCM (NOT SURE WHICH) that they have connected to a cisco router. they have two remote branches running other bcms. all are connected via frame-relay link.

they need to perform QOS on the routers for voice. im somewhat familiar and intended to do normal traffic shaping for voice over frame. however, im not too sure if this is correct, since im not too sure how that BCM marks the voice packets.

instead of access list for ports, should i replace with ip addresses instead. all rtrs, have 1p-base only. should i upgrade as well?

if i can get a sample config for this scenario that would be nice. im just priortizing voice, they will worry about anything else..

thanks in advance

PS. Doesnt these BCMs have a built in module to do QOS?.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: BCM and CISCO Routers

If u need to apply the QOS mechanism to all traffic coming in the port then you can go ahead as you have specified , If you only need to apply the mechanism to some voice traffic coming from a particukar ip address kindly specify using the ip address. Also try to figure out in what udp range the traffic is coming.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content