Views
Helpful
Replies

Bearer Capability not implemented

happykiran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have configured an AS5400 to route IP-IP calls

Call is originating IP and should reach another gateway via wan.

While there is incoming IP call, it seems to be picking up only pots dial-peer. So I connected two voice ports with a cross-over cable.

Now the call is going to the destination gateway, but it says Bearer capability not implemented.

I have given bearer-cap speech on the two ports.

Please advice

Kiran

7 Replies 7

bwalchez
Level 4
Level 4

Kiran, iIf you have already contact your telco to help you troubleshoot, I would suggest that you open a case with Cisco so that an engineer can look through your config to be sure everything is set up correctly.

nmilojevic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

As far as I know, IP-IP on one gateway is not supported. But, PSTN-PSTN is, and it's called hair-pinning. It should work, at least one GW to another. Make sure you configure one as network side.

As for Bearer capability, I would say it's more probably originating teriminal problem, not gateway. For example, NetMeeting has problems with that.

If you have possibility, try connecting two gateways via PSTN cross cable.

Regards,

Nikola

sema_111
Level 1
Level 1

hi kiran, can you kindly help i have as54008e1 with

two fastethernet.i want to terminate voice traffic of

three service providers to germany who will send me

voice trafic through ip.i am also connected to germany

through ip via fa using leased internet connection of

1/mb.

my ques is can we use as5400 for this if yes how will

we configure dial peer so service provider at one end

can send trafic to germany through our as5400.

kindly advice.

Hi ,

If you are receiving the traffic thru IP then the only possibility u have is to terminate thru E1. You cannot terminate this thru IP unless u do a hairpin configuration. The other way to do this is to use a GK for which a 2600 series router would be enough.

Only with AS5400 IP - IP is not possible (without hairpin)

All the possible solutions would be

1. IP - PSTN

2. PSTN - IP

3. PSTN - PSTN

Hairpinning works in the following fashion

IP -> PSTN -> PSTN -> IP

Using this configuration you can send the IP traffic out.

Kiran.

Kiran is absolutely right. as of now, these 3 solutions are the only ones cisco GWs have to offer.

My company (www.nextone.com) does have a solution for this IP-to-IP hair-pinning, including call signal routing, media routing, call signal protocol translation (SIP to H323 and vice versa), and evn CDRs. send me an email if you need more details. who knows, our product might solve your problem.

e.

hi kiran,

can you kindly tell me how to use 2600 gk with as5400 since i am connected to internet via fa port, also if you can give me any link for hairpin configuration.

thanks

Hi Sema,

personally, i haven't done this configuration, but the following links may be useful. And for Hairpin, there is not much available on the internet.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1831/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca6a4.html

Hope this works

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: