cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Beeps or Music while Holding for the Agent

mhshahzad
Level 1
Level 1

We are using IPCC with Call Manager 3.0.9 and AS5300 IP gateway. We are getting complaints from our customers that when agents put them on hold, they hear nothing but the dead silent. I would like to know if I can set call manager to play beeps or music while caller is holding for the agent to come back on line.

6 Replies 6

paul.stephens
Level 1
Level 1

My understanding is that you should get beeps by default when the caller goes on hold, the default time is every 10 seconds. Currently beeps is the only option and I don't think music on hold is available until call manager bravo, 3.1

Thanks for the reply.

We get the beeps only for the calls between the agents (Internal calls, AS5300 is not involved). If the calls come through AS5300 gateway, then we don't hear any beeps.

Any ideas…

I don't know if this helps but I've seen this bug

BugID: CSCdu85556

Title: No tone on hold when using IOS gateways

Feature: callprocessing

Version: 3.1|3.0

Integrated:

Severity: 6

State: N

Release Notes:

Currently there is no mechanism to signal to an H.323 gateway to play tone on

hold. This is an enhancement request to implement the CallManager side of the

ability to send a message to an H.323 gateway in order to get it to play

tone on hold.

I've tried it with an installation we have that uses the E1 services blade in the C6K and I can hear the beeps so it looks like a bug just around H323 gateways

The normal easy fix for this is to use CallManager 3.1 since you have the ability to provide Music On Hold, including to H.323 gateways (unicast only at this point, multicast not yet supported).

However, you need to wait for ICM 4.6 to be released before you consider this change, since that is required for CallManager 3.1 and IPCC.

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

I have been looking for someone out there using IPCC. Please side bar with me ifyou would like.

michael_oldham
Level 1
Level 1

Mohammd

3.1 will fix this problem. I will send you a slide presentation that explains it.

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: