Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

benefit of VMI

What's the benefit of VMI if I already had viewmail installed?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: benefit of VMI

VMI is really targeted at customers that aren't using Exchange and/or Outlook for their in house email services... or if they are using Exchange they don't want to cough up for the Outlook CALs for everyone. If they want links to their voice mail messages to get into their Novell inbox, for instance, they could use VMI for that... if a customer is already using Exchange and Outlook with VMO there's not much value in them having access to their inbox via VMI web pages.

Community Member

Does that mean those internet users can get more benefit if they use VMI.

Based on this idea, I tried setting up an internet user, say test1, in unity server.However I can't log in http://172.31.31.6/web/vmi because it always need me to enter the username, password and domain, but test1 is just an internet user, it is not a domain user. I guess I got wrong somewhere here .Please direct me , thanks.

Cisco Employee

VMI can only be used by full subscribers... internet subscribers are only for routing messages to a remote user... you can't log into Unity to check messages unless you have a mailstore on Exchange which is not the case if you're an internet subscirber (these are built on contacts in AD).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content