cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP Dual homed ISP connections and V3PN / VPN.

rdassow
Level 1
Level 1

Picture this, two offices. Each office has a router connected with 2 T1 internet connections to 2 different ISP's using BGP. Between the two offices, one of the ISP's is the same company, the 2nd ISP is not the same. I want to connect the 2 offices together using VPN. I am not a BGP guru, but how will this affect voice? I want to do IP voice trunking across the VPN but with the 2 ISP connections and the load balancing across the 2 T1's I would assume that the timing would be all screwed up as far as voice is concerned, since it is very likely that some voice packets will arrive faster than others depending on which T1 it takes. Can someone give me some thoughts on this? The only way I can think of to resolve this is to use a radware linkproof box, and only utilize one T1 at a time for voice. I don't think the data VPN will have a problem load balancing across the 2 connections... I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

ryan

1 Reply 1

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

You can use a combination of Policy based routing and access list to ensure that the voice traffic goes over single route.