Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big problem for me, But probably a small thing for experts...

Hello,

Bye the way this is my first telephony implementation after doing my Tisco-telephony-Certification last year. So I may be making mistakes in my config???

So, I managed to configure my telephony service good enough to receive calls and redirect them to one of my IP Phoses using "connection plar" command on my four voice-port. I can effectively place outside calls also. I then configured Unity Express using the wizard, and I believe that my config is good, but when I call to my telephony service (from an outside telephone), my auto-attendant is not responding, all my calls are still redirect to my IP phone mentionned with the "connection plar" command, as if the "connection plar" command have the priority on incomming calls. So I join the configuration of my router and the configuration of my unity express, so someone could tell me what I do wrong!

Thank you very much for helping me

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Big problem for me, But probably a small thing for experts..

Hello,

yes with connection-plar any call will go to the number you have configured. If you want the call go to CUE, you need to configure a dial-peer with the appropriate number for CUE.

Note, you can group your FXO voice ports under with a trunkgroup, eg "fxo", and use that instead of port in the pots dial-peer.

This allows to reduce much the dial-peers, currently you must have four for any destination.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Ok great. I think I understand what you mean. But how can I do that. I probably have to remove the "connection plar" from all my voice-port ? And after that, I will need to create my dial-peer for my CUE, but I dont find-out how to do that ! Could you give me a hint on the commands I shoudl use to do that ?

Thank you

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Because you have FXO, connection-plar must stay. (FXO is very limiting, if you had ISDN BRI, you could do many more things).

Just change the number to a different one. Same number you also configure on CUE as pilot for your auto-attendand. Also configure a dial-peer voip with this number destination-pattern, ip address of CUE, protocol sipv2, codec g711u.

Alternatively, if you want to answer calls live, send them to a phone or hunt group, but forward-no answer to said number above. When nobody answers, CUE will take the call.

As appreciation for answers received, please rate all useful posts using the scrollbox below!

Ok, very good, and as we could say in french "Ti-gi-dou-laille-laille" wich is very very good.

So thank you very much for those hints and help. It solve my problem, I was bangning my head on the dorr..... Now it's working pretty well. There is still few things to arrange but I should manage. Anyway, I had such a good help from this forum, that I will use it again if needed.

Thaks again.

Gabriel

Hall of Fame Super Gold

I guess that must be Queubequise, as I speak some french but never heard the phrase :)

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck with you new CME!

Views
Helpful
Replies
СоздатьДля создания публикации, пожалуйста в систему