cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

big time quality problems.. can someone help

adamf
Level 1
Level 1

hello everyone.. i'll give you the big picture.. we have about a 60 node network in all.. we have Cisco 3610's at our central site and 3 remote locations.. at the moment we have Frame Relay as our data link connection and we're moving into T1 lines in May.. we're having problems with delay, echo and disconnection on our VoIP setup.. any suggestions. we're using Fast Ethernet Internally.

Adam

2 Replies 2

alan.basinger
Level 1
Level 1

Adam,

Some questions I have are, what is the speed of the Frame links? What type of QOS do you have configured on the routers for the voice across the frame? Do you have Vlans set up for the VOIP? How many CM box's do you have and where are they located? What kind of routers do you have at your branch locations? What type of phones are you using?

When are you experiencing the problems? Meening are they when you make calls across the WAN or during internal LAN calls or both? How many calls are place at the same time when you experience the issues? How about calls going to the PSTN, are they effected also? Also what size packets are you sending across the Frame? Do you have interleaving on?

Is there data going across the WAN along with voice?

Regards,

Alan

mtashiro
Level 1
Level 1

I think we need more information. For starters:

1. What is the CIR on the frame circuits

2. Is QoS enabled on the frame routers

3. Are voice VLAN's being used (assuimg you are using IP phones)

4. What version of CallManager and IOS are you using?

This is a good starting point. If you can post that or e-mail me the info and I can try to help.

-Mark