Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bilingual voicemail

Hi everyone,

I need to know how to configure a particular Unity subscriber to have two different message stores; one for English and one for French. This should work such that if someone calls in, he has an option to dial 1 and drop a message in French; or dial 2 and drop a message in English. I think I have an idea on how it can be done but I am still confused.

Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Bilingual voicemail

It is not quite clear what you are trying to accomplish. If they press 1, do you want the system to prompt them in French to leave a message at the tone and if they press 2 have the system prompt them in English to leave a message at the tone?

Or is it that depending on wheather the caller speaks English or French, you will be having a difftrent subscriber check the message?

There will actually be just one number to call. when the call gets passed on to Unity, the caller should have the option to dial 1 and get the English mail box and dial 2 and drop a message in the French voice mailbox or vice-versa. The mailboxes will have language-specific prompts (english for the english mailbox and french for the french mailbox).

The other scenario also sounds interesting. How does that work?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I checked through the logs and found exactly what I need. Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Ade

Views
Helpful
Replies