Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bizare error: Fax tones on voice call?

I have received a report that 1 user has on multiple occasions answered a incoming call from outside the organization in which she can hear the caller very faintly and hears a loud, screeching tone that she descibes as "like a fax machine". When she hung up and the caller called back, the call was fine. Also, the caller did not hear the screeching tones.

As this is an unreproducable error effecting one person out of a couple hundred, I'm waffling between having the user placed under psychatric observation and having a priest perform an exorscism on the phone. But I thought I'd see if anyone else has seen anything similiar first.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Bizare error: Fax tones on voice call?

I say put the user under psychatric observation.. :)although before you do that you might want to find out if the user use specific gw for inbout or outbound calls. I ask this because I have seen such issue on GW (DSP) but not on the phones. It is possible that the phone could have bad dsp and may cause squeal. I would think its worth replacing the phone so that you can exclude that out of the picture.

Regards,

ketan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content