Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Blank message recorded

I have created a new call handler for the main greeting of the company.

I have pointed the error handler to that call handler instead of the default opening greeting. We now get blank messages from time to time in the mailbox linked to that call handler. Some of them are 5 minutes long which is the limit on recordings. The user that the message is coming from never called that call handler.

This is what they said happen.

-They called their VM when another call came in. They took the other call without hanging up the VM call. When They got back to the VM call, they didn't hear anything and then hang up.

or

-They called VM and didn't hear anything back so they hanged up.

If I call my Voice mailbox, and don't do anything, the call is sent to the call handler in the end. I don't understand why the system doesn't detect that the message is blank and keeps recording nothing.

Also I need the error handler to go to my new call handler for when somebody press the wrong key. Is there a way to differenciate the error when somebody doesn't press anything.

we are running 2.4.6-161 TSP 6.02

Thanks

-Boris

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Blank message recorded

"They called their VM when another call came in. They took the other call without hanging up the VM call. When They got back to the VM call, they didn't hear anything and then hang up. "

That could certainly cause this to happen. If the incoming stream is g729, the wav driver (responsible for audio record/playback) doesn't support silence detection.

For the issue of changing the error greeting, that's on a call handler by call handler basis. There is a utility available to change each CH's error greeting (you can't do it from the SA).

It's BulkEdit.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/unity-util

Cisco Employee

Actually... You CAN edit this from the SA but you have to make a registry hack for the error greeting to be exposed... you can find this in the AdvancedSettings tool if you want to do that.

Also, I normally reccomend folks look at AnswerMonkey.net for the latest versions of the tools (including BulkEdit). It's much "fresher" since updating it takes me just a few minutes as opposed to submitting update requests to CCO and then waiting 5 days or so before they show up - I know, I know... I need to keep both updated but you can always be sure the lastest is on AnswerMonkey. It also lets you see the version history and help files (and in some cases training videos) which are not available on CCO due to the restrictions on the way I can post info there.

For BulkEdit, here's the home page:

http://www.answermonkey.net/App_BulkEditUtility_30.htm

for the Advanced Settings tool, here's the home page:

http://www.answermonkey.net/App_AdvancedSettingsTool.htm

both have recently been updated.

Cisco Employee

I thought the BulkEdit "Expose the error greeting for subscribers on the SA" option was only kosher on 3.0 and up?

Cisco Employee

you mean the Advanced Settings Tool "Expose the error greeting" option... yeah, I think you're right. It might have slipped in there in a later 2.4.6 build but I don't have one handy to test against - probably best to use BulkEdit unless you're at 3.0(1) or later...

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.