cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

blank messages

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

When I call a user, listen to their message, and hang up before the message is finished playing, a message will be placed in their mailbox and the mwi will come on. As the user I listen to the message and it is blank. This happens to all users, all of the time, since day one. Everything else works fine. <br><br>Is there any way to limit or stop this?<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Are you using the G729a codec by any chance? This has no silence detection capabilities which can cause this scenario. How long are the silent messages?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I'm definitely not using the g.729 codec. Unity is only configured for g.711. There is no vad on the call leg between Unity and the user. It happens every time (as far as I have tested) when you hang up right before the user's greeting is finished playing.

Not applicable

I've haven't shown this to be true, but I think the gateway/call manager may be the problem. The gateway is running h.323. When the user hangs up the phone, I think the gateway keeps the call connected for a certain length of time - several seconds. Unity records this silent rtp stream until it ends. I seem to recall a minimum message length setting - perhaps this will patch the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: