cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BLF Speed Dial Pickup not in AXL

lincles
Level 4
Level 4

just upgraded to cucm 6.1.2, and want to use the new BLF Pickup option. Problem is that when i do a AXL getPhone request, it doesn't show if the BLF Pickup option is set. The real problem is that when i take this info and post it back to the server in a updatePhone request, it clears the option if it has been set.

I'm setting "CUCM:DV ver=6.1" in the request. Is there the ability to set 6.1(2) and have that info, or is it just not implemented in AXL yet.

Any help would be great

4 Replies 4

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Umm... I have that working here.. I'm not setting but getting works, and creating a new one based on an existing one works as well.

Are you sure you set the header properly (it's not DV, it's DB, and the header has to be called SOAPAction.

Also, you most certainly don't clear any such optional multi element fields unless you send an empty field

(like clears any speeddials you might have.. but if you leave out the tag altogether, the speeddials are not being touched).

Typo - i am setting DB instead of DV.

Are you getting or setting the BLF speeddial Pickup option that is new to 6.1.2?

You are right about it not clearing if you leave the tag out all together, but my purpose is to update a BLF and if you have any part of the tag, it replaces all of the blfs with what ever you send. Becuase of this, if i have the BLF pickup option set and update that BLF with AXL, the option is cleared because i don't see a way to send the the pickup option in AXL.

If you (or anyone) is setting or getting this option through AXL, what is the tag?

Thanks for the help

I'm doing both.. I load a phone which has a pickup blf, and create a one one with the same pickup blf.

And the tags I write basically look like this:

Or are you refering to the BLFs proper? those have been around since ccm5 and I have an application that allows people to update their speeddials and blfs from the phone.. and taht updates both device profiles (we use em) and phones concurrently and it works like a charm. You don't even need to specify a schema for speeddials (tag name speeddials) and blfs (tag name busyLampFields).

right - BusyLampFields, not blfDirectedCallParks. In the CUCM 6.1.2 they have added the feature that you can Pick a call the comes into an extension that you have as a BLF. This new feature is called BLF Pickup and is a checkbox on screen where you create the BLFs. Unless you are running the newest version of CM (6.1.2) you are not using this feature.

We have a similar application that was working just fine, and still works. The issue is not getting AXL or this object to work. The issue is finding out if AXL has been extended to include this new feature.