Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block caller ID

Is there a way to block caller ID on per call basis? CCM 4.12

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: block caller ID

Setup a route pattern say *6791.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX (say we want to block caller id for long distance calls). On this route pattern set the calling party presentation to restricted.

Setup another route pattern say 91.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX which will have calling party restriction set to default (no changes).

When users want to block the caller id, use *67 before the dialed digits. When they dont want to block caller id, just dial the long distance number without the *67.

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

8 REPLIES
Silver

On outgoing calls I assume? If you want to do this on demand regardless of the destination number, it would require an app of some sort.

Setup a route pattern say *6791.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX (say we want to block caller id for long distance calls). On this route pattern set the calling party presentation to restricted.

Setup another route pattern say 91.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX which will have calling party restriction set to default (no changes).

When users want to block the caller id, use *67 before the dialed digits. When they dont want to block caller id, just dial the long distance number without the *67.

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Now I recall actually I had done this long time ago. Thanks very much.

One more question here since they have a lot of route pattern right now. Will it be good to just have *67!?

That should work!

I tried this option, what suprised me is, the outbound calls to some of the Telco works without caller id but to a particular Telco, it shows up as the Phone extension.

Any idea?

I use the *67 and setting the restricted fields in the pattern. The issue that I have been running into in Canada is the protocol It appears that NI-2 seems to be an issue is the sense that you need NI-2 needs to talk to NI-2 and I am told up here that only 20% use NI-2. So if a call goes out on a NI-2 pri and terminates on a NI-1 the calling name wont work or block.

I have also run into the only way to 100% block the name and number is to do it a CO level.

We ended up at several accounts having seperate PRI's for blocking..

Sorry but that is what I have been running into.

I am trying to do the block caller id thing, using your suggestion, but am not successful. I've tried it with many combinations of route pattern dialed digits *679.@, *67!.@, *6791,[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxx, etc. None of them seem to work. I've tried using existing route filters that do work with 9.@ route pattern, as well as created new ones. Am using route list that works with 9.@ pattern as well as created my own. When I do the Dialed number analysis, it passes the test, but my call does not go through. I did debug voice ccapi inout to see if it hits the router and it does indeed. I just cannot figure out why it isnt going out. I've tried discard digits as none, pre-dot, pre-at as necessary when trying different patterns. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

What I did to make it work now is, I assigned 10 "0"s as the caller ID and the Telco in my client's area will treat that as Unknown Number.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content