Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

block corporate directory on lobby phones

Hi

ccm 4.x - How do I block corporate directory on lobby phones similar to how cisco does it on their lobby phones.

Thx

10 REPLIES
Blue

Re: block corporate directory on lobby phones

since CCM provides the corporate directory via the enterprise parameters, this means that all phones registered to CCM with the directories button will use the set URL.

to keep this URL from being reached by a phone or group of phones, you can use ACLs in the switch and/or router to block this access.

Blue

NOTE: cisco states "there is no proper procedure to disable corporate directory on a single IP phone"

this goes for multiple phones as well.

using ACLs/VACLs to block the access seems the only way. this is how i do it at my office as well.

The phones use the defualt URL http:///CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp to invoke the corporate directory when someone presses the directory button on the phone. You can over ride this URL by going to the phone configuration page within Call Manager. Look for the section called "Cisco IP Phone - External Data Locations (leave blank to use default)" and there is a field called "Directory". This is where you can enter an alternate URL for the phone.

I experimented with copying the "xmldirectory.asp" file and renaming it to "test.asp". Then, I stripped out everything in "test.asp" between and , and saved it in the same directory with the "xmldirectory.asp".

On the phone configuration page of a phone I'm testing with, I used the URL http://10.1.1.100/CCMCIP/test.asp. Now when I press the directory button of the phone, I see a screen that says "Authorization Required!" and it wants a username and password. I tried using my username and password for the Call Manager with no success...which I'm glad it didn't work. I like that it shows a "visitor" that the phone is "secure"...or at least pretends to be. :)

The directory of the xmldirectory.asp is in C:\CiscoWebs\IPPhoneServices\CCMCIP\.

This was a good question to ask the forum. We havn't thought of blocking corporate directory of our lobby/vistor phones, but I definitely see the need after thinking about it. Thanks.

Stu

If you go directly to the phone and search for the Directory URL setting, you can put whatever you want there (that is not a valid entry) with this the phone will not have access to the Corporate Directory.

HTH

//Jorge

Blue

i've stripped down the xmldirectory.asp file so it does not display the option for corporate directory.

i've named the new file "noDirectory.asp"

simply put this file in the "\ciscowebs\ipphoneservices\CCMCIP" folder and point the phones device config. page to use it. this is set under the "cisco ip phone - external data locations" section of the phone device configuration page. set the new directory at this location to "http:///CCMCIP/noDirectory.asp" (without the quotes)

works like a champ! :)

Blue

ps..using the nodirectory.asp file provided will keep your phone from generating an error "host not found", as can be seen when just using a bogus directory entry.

Hi, that works well! Is there anyway to also remove the rest of the menu items?

Missed Calls

Received Calls

Placed Calls

Thanks!

Blue

let me work on the file and test it.

i'll post it when completed and working without any of the fields you mentioned.

Any luck?

Hi Casper,

Still need help on this?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content