cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block DID

max.power
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CCM 3.1 and I need to see if there is a way to block certain inbound DID extensions, giving a busy signal would work or routing the call to Unity would also work. But I need all other functions of the extension to work, i.e transfer, outbound dialing and IPCC Agent. What is the best way to do this?

Thank you

6 Replies 6

ketpatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Its hard to tell how you can do this. Need more detail explanation of your setup or some example as to which device is calling, who needs to be able to call outbound or able to transfer.

Regards,

ketan

User has to be able to call outbound, transfer calls, call and be called internally, and use the extension for IPCC. Only process we do not want he user to have is to be dialed via their DID number. Did not know if this could be done without moving the extension outside our DID range. Or can this be done on the gateway, block the call to the DID at that point? We are running VG 200 using MGCP.

Since the gw is MGCP it is not possible to do anything on the gwatway. I think you should be able to use calling serch space an partition to block the calls from GW to specific DN. You need to make sure the Phone is in a partition which is not in GW's calling search space. Please have a look at attached URL for Calling search space and partitions.

Regards,

ketan

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080139372.html

Wouldn't the easiest approach to this problem be using a DN outside your DN range? We do this all the time on our PBX to save DID numbers where they are not required. Why use up one of your DID numbers for a phone that you don't want to be called from the PSTN. This approach will work just fine on the CCM, calls can be made and received on the VOIP system and calls can be made to the PSTN. No calls will be received from the PSTN.

Unfortunatly this is an established extension and changing to a number outside our DN range would be painful, receives a great deal of internal traffic.

you could create a partition and define that extension as a translation pattern with the new partition

Then add the partition to the calling search space used by the gateway as the first choice

When a call for that extension comes in it would look to the translation first since that partition would match and the translation could be defined to block the pattern

I think that should work based on what you wrote