cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block "unknown" callers

JD Jones
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know how to refuse calls that arrive as "unknown"? I am working with a school that doesn't want to receive any calls that have callerID blocked. They have been getting a lot of bomb threats. They are running CCM4.1(3) with 2801's running MGCP.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unforunattely there is no way to block calls based on ANI digits with MGCP GW, you can use reject translation rules with H.323, but I am not sure if "unknown" can be caught. Other soltion is to use IPCC and write a quick script to see if the ANI filed is blank assuming that you have a PRI connected to the GW, but would require running every inbound call through IPCC.

Chris

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

if your client, school, is getting such threats, they must go to the telco and inform them of the issue and its severity. the telco can block these calls if needed.

they should also go to the police to file a report minimum.

as stated, without ipcc or the telco blocking, there is nothing ccm can do to keep calls coming in by itself.

koenigr
Level 5
Level 5

I don't think there is a way without running all call through IPCC, but you should look into implementing MCID (Malicious Call ID)for bomb threats. I also am working for a school district and this is the route we went to deal with Bomb threats.