Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Blocked number with CME

Hello guys,

Due to the nature of our business, I have, through Verizon, made it so that when we make phone calls, our number comes up as private or restricted. Some phones with Caller ID does not accepte calls from private number. Is there a way to build into the system to be able to dial 9 *82 + [phone number] when it's needed?

(Dialing the *82 unblocks the number from being private. Please note that I want to use *82 when it's needed and not all the time. If you could let me know, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks!

7 REPLIES
Green

Re: Blocked number with CME

You can play with dial-peers and voice translation rules.

voice translation-rule 3

rule 1 /.*/ //

!

voice translation-profile NOCALLERID

translate calling 3

translation-profile outgoing OUTGOING

dial-peer voice 10 pots

description TO PSTN PRIVATE

translation-profile outgoing OUTGOING

destination-pattern 9*82T

port 1/0:23

dial-peer voice 20 pots

description TO PSTN NORMAL

preference 1

destination-pattern 9T

port 1/0:23

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml#intro

Hello,

I added axactely the same config that you sent me except the port number (port 0/0/0) but it's not working. Could you please help?

Thanks,

Green

Hi Bahman,

What its failing?

What callerID you are sending, please clarify

A debug voice ccapi inout will be great.

Thanks

We have only 6 POTS line.Do I have to apply the Dial Peer configure to all 6 ports? I will be on site tomorrow morning and will run the debug. I was hearing the message stating "private call can not be accepted". Apparetelly, the receiving phone still sees the call as a privat call.

Thanks,

Green

Can u show me the current config?

Thanks

Attached is the CME config.

Thanks

I applied the Dial-peer config to all 6 ports and still it's not working. I still get the message stating "The private line can not be accepted" Could you please help?

Thanks,

Views
Helpful
Replies