Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Blocking Caller ID Presentation.

Hi all,

I am using CCM 4.1. I want to restrict my number to be shown on the Called party's phone when I make a called by PSTN. Is there any way I can do that?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Blocking Caller ID Presentation.

Is this a PRI? You should be able to configure a route pattern and set the calling party presentation to restricted. The route group would have to be set to default for this setting as well as the setting on the gateway page for this so the restriction setting remains set from the route pattern. The route group setting will over ride the route pattern setting if it set there. The gateway setting will over ride other settings if it set to always restrict it, etc.

You could also use a route-pattern for this # you are calling and uncheck the external party mask and then set the calling party mask to your main number if you are trying to not show your phones DID or something along those lines. If you want it to come up on their phone as unavailble, etc then the call needs to go out with the restriction bit on. You could also try prefixing *67 on to the called party # and send it out gateway like that, but this depends on telco as I have seen this not work in many places with PRIs.

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Shoaib:

Have you tried using the external phone number mask in the line settings? Depending on your internal dial plan you can use 0000000000 to present a null number to the PSTN, or set it to the main number for your facility if that would work best.

Also, be sure to check the gateway settings and enable "use calling party's external phone number mask", and be sure that the gateway is not set to override the phone setting by either CCM or dial-peer settings.

Hope that helps.

Tom

Is this a PRI? You should be able to configure a route pattern and set the calling party presentation to restricted. The route group would have to be set to default for this setting as well as the setting on the gateway page for this so the restriction setting remains set from the route pattern. The route group setting will over ride the route pattern setting if it set there. The gateway setting will over ride other settings if it set to always restrict it, etc.

You could also use a route-pattern for this # you are calling and uncheck the external party mask and then set the calling party mask to your main number if you are trying to not show your phones DID or something along those lines. If you want it to come up on their phone as unavailble, etc then the call needs to go out with the restriction bit on. You could also try prefixing *67 on to the called party # and send it out gateway like that, but this depends on telco as I have seen this not work in many places with PRIs.

Thanks a lot!

This thing really worked.

Many thanks,

Shoaib.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content