Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Blocking caller with H323

Can someone tell me how this is done ib an H323 IOS gateway? I won't to block based on the caller ID of someone. Thanks.

9 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Blocking caller with H323

This is possible through the use of a TCL script running on the IOS gateway. If you send me an email, I can mail a sample script to you. My address is listed in my profile.

me too, if it's not a problem. kbergsbaken@univision.net

if its not so much trouble..can i ask for the sample script too? my email add is joelf@mozcom.com

thanks

Hello, Dave.

Can you mail me your TCL script? My address is andrew@kardamanov.ru

I saw example how restrict calls by translation-rule. It's good. But I need time restriction also. And I hope that your example will help me.

PS Sorry but I dont see your email in your profile:-(

I would just write a translation rule on the incoming dial-peer that translates the number to a non-existant one. The caller would then just get a fast-busy.

I thought translation rules were for the called number and not the calling number. I need to match on the calling number and send it to a bogus number. TCL script, as mentioned earlier in the thread, does the trick.

Thanks.

I'm sure TCL does, I'm not into writing scripts though. But here is the jist of it.

Say you have a phone on an FXS port, DN=1000

And you have an IP phone coming in on DN=2000

Say you dont want the IP phone to dial 1000.

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /1000/ //

voice translation-profile BlockCalls

translate called 1

dial-peer voice 50 voip

translation-profile incoming BlockCalls

answer-address 2000

!

dial-peer voice 20 pots

destination-pattern 1000

port 1/1/1

!

I see. So you use the dial-peer voice 50 to match the calling ID of the IP phone via the "answer address" command? Then use the translation-profile to block calls to 1000? Interesting. I may have to play with this in my lab.

Thanks!!

Yes, The actual application for it was mapping callers to specific outgoing FXO ports. But modified this way it becomes a decent way to block a caller from calling a number. Your welcome.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content