Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Blue

Blocking Calling Number ID outbound for a single group?

I have a group of users who do not want to be identified when placing external calls. It is easy to manipulate the calling ID via the External Phone Number Mask, or the Calling Party Transformations under route pattern configuration, but there is no mask symbol that will result in nothing going out. Calling ID can be disabled at the gateway, but that would require a dedicated gateway for this user group, or else turn it off for everybody.

Anybody have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: Blocking Calling Number ID outbound for a single group?

If you have the Gateway marked for Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask and then on the set put a * in the External Phone Number Mask. I believe that will result in nothing going out on the Caller ID.

I'm trunking the CM through a Nortle SL-100 so the above causes the Caller ID to be displayed as the campus main number for the operator, but I think that is an issue with the way the SL-100 PRI span is set up.

3 REPLIES

Create a translation pattern that with a paticular code prefixed and any seven

or ten digit number with the calling party number masked to something else.

For example:

*67.xxxxxxx

Discard preDot

Make the calling party mask anything you need

translate to 9xxxxxxx

That should do it if I am thinking correctly.

Best regards.

Bronze

If you have the Gateway marked for Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask and then on the set put a * in the External Phone Number Mask. I believe that will result in nothing going out on the Caller ID.

I'm trunking the CM through a Nortle SL-100 so the above causes the Caller ID to be displayed as the campus main number for the operator, but I think that is an issue with the way the SL-100 PRI span is set up.

Blue

Larry,

That works to my Nortel 81C running 4ESS, but going out to the PSTN to a 5ESS results in a 0 being displayed. But you put me on the right track, I then tried a #, and that does the trick, "caller ID unavailable" on my PSTN calls, and the trunk group on the internal Nortel side.

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content